Pages Navigation Menu

L'île aux lémuriens, un joyau de la nature

Sarodrano

Sarodrano

Sarodrano: “The village blacksmith” with its cemetery
in the West.

In 1895, during the first phase of the Franco-Merina, the French military casualties of the fighting were transferred to a sanatorium near the village to be cared for by Catholic priests. There was dead, and among them some are buried in the cemetery west of town where there are 99 graves of foreigners, mostly from Arab countries.