Pages Navigation Menu

The island of lemurs, a jewel of nature

Antanamonpera

Antanamonpera
Located 500 meters. When the French took possession of Nosy Komba and Nosy Be in 1841, the French Catholic missionaries have created a home for priests on this site, that’s the reason of the origin of the name”Antanamonpera”.

The company “Marisk” cultivated vegetables, are also present, small plantations of lychees and ylang ylang.

Besides the former home of the priests is subject to Antanamonpera:

In 1947 Reverend Father Albert, a member of the “Capucin” community has initiated the project of hosting Arboretum trees from around the world to reforest 60 hectares of land.